Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY No Sew Clutch

When fashion and crafting collide... THE NO SEW CLUTCH IS BORN!!

There are lots of tutorials on pinterest for DIY clutches, but most require sewing. This one doesn't! Hooray!

Supplies: 
  • place mat (got mine from WalMart for $1.50!)
  • a thin belt you aren't using anymore (the one I grabbed had been worn for so long that it started to crack at the most used hole) 
  • crafting glue (hot glue would work too and probably faster!)
  • clothespins

Step 1: Fold up the bottom of the placemat, leaving plenty of room on the top to fold over ( about 3-5 inches, depending on the look you want)
Step 2: Glue along the edges and press down. Use clothes pins to hold in place while the glue dries.
Pro-Tip! Don't be a dumbass like me and glue across the bottom. You'll glue the bag shut and have to start over. D'oh!
Step 3: Figure out how long your belt need to be to wrap around the clutch. Cut the belt.
Step 4: Punch holes where you need them. You can use a knife or a special crafting tool, if you have one on hand. I punched 3 holes, each for varying degrees of fullness, depending on how much I put in the clutch.
Step 5: Glue the belt down. You only need to glue the portion that touches the back of the clutch. Use something heavy to hold it down while it dries. I used a cookbook.

Step 6: You're basically done! Put your necessities in there! Mine was big enough to hold the only things I really need- wallet, phone, lip gloss, and keys!

Step 7: Close the belt buckle and pat yourself on the back. You just made a clutch! You go, Glenn Coco!
~~~
Love the idea and want to try it yourself? Pin this post to share with your friends and so you don't forget!



5 comments:

  1. This is neat! I'm not a clutch/purse person, but I bet my daughter would have fun helping me make one for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she would! You can always cut some off the sides before you glue to make it narrower and more appropriate for her, size-wise!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I see Christmas present for all the ladies in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea! You can really personalize them by picking different colors and styles of place mats. Pier 1 has lots of great ones!

      Delete
  3. You so clever Amie! I'm glad I found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete